Updated September 9, 2014
Theatre Calgary will be holding young company auditions for A CHRISTMAS CAROL on
Saturday, September 20th.
1:00pm – 2:00pm GROUP 1 (7 – 11 year olds, both genders)
2:15pm – 3:15pm GROUP 2 (12 – 15 year olds, both genders)
CALLBACKS will be from 3:30pm – 4:30pm
*we will notify people that we want to see for the callbacks at the end of each group audition
WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR 8 YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY:
Martha Cratchit – oldest Cratchit child, looks early teens
Peter Cratchit – oldest Cratchit boy, looks tween to early teens
Belinda Cratchit – youngest Cratchit girl, looks 8 – 11
Tiny Tim – the sickly youngest Cratchit, very small boy or girl, looks under 8
Boy Scrooge – looks under 11
Young Scrooge – looks between 11 and 13
Fan – Scrooge’s sister, looks between 12 and 14
Hope – girl who travels with Christmas Present, looks under 12
*All Children except Tiny Tim play more than one role in the show
- PLEASE NOTE: Monday is the only day off during both rehearsals and performances.
- Young Company members are also required for 8 performances a week (we do not double cast or understudy roles).
IMPORTANT! PLEASE DOWNLOAD this Audition Information Package
Please submit (via email only) to Susan McNair Reid, Company Manager, Theatre Calgary
Please include the following with your submission:
• A recent photo (it has to look like you so we can link names and faces)
• A resume outlining any performing experience (school/community plays, choirs, etc), acting/singing/dance classes or camps, or special skills (instruments, gymnastics, etc)
• Parent/Guardian contact information (phone, email, address)
• Age and birthdate of the child
• School that the child is attending
Deadling for submissions is Wednesday, September 17th. Those that submit will be contacted by Theatre Calgary, please do not call our office.
OUR 2014-15 GENERAL AUDITIONS HAVE PASSED. We thank everyone who submitted.
Artists who are members of the Canadian Actors Equity
Association will be given audition priority. CAEA members: please bring
your membership card to any audition. Non-Equity artists will be seen
when and if spaces are available.
Theatre Calgary is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres, and operates within the jurisdiction of the Canadian Theatre Agreement. Equity members cast in any production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
We are currently not accepting any resumes/headshots for youth actors (ages 7 -15). Please check back in summer 2014 for more information on submitting.
IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SUBMITTING IN THE FUTURE, PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT:
• Important information on time commitment for parents.
Updated August 25, 2014
Theatre Calgary’s bartenders provide attentive and positive service to create exceptional guest experiences. Each bartender’s primary objective is to showcase Theatre Calgary as one of Canada’s foremost professional non-profit theatres, by exemplifying the highest level of customer service.
Reporting to Assistant Front of House Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Taking drink and snack orders from guests, present drink menus, make specific recommendations, and answer questions regarding beverages.
• Preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with Theatre Calgary’s standard drink recipes and AGLC regulations.
• Accepting payment, processing debit and credit cards and making change.
• Various other bar duties such as preparing garnish and stocking.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Poses current ProServ certification, or be willing to obtain within 30 days.
• Have a positive and optimistic attitude and work well in a team.
• Work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Able to safely lift and carry up to 20 – 25 pounds.
• Be able to work unsupervised.
• Cash handling experience is an asset.
For a full job description, including submission information,
please download the employment posting
Job posting will remain open until all positions are filled.