Updated August 25, 2014
Theatre Calgary’s bartenders provide attentive and positive service to create exceptional guest experiences. Each bartender’s primary objective is to showcase Theatre Calgary as one of Canada’s foremost professional non-profit theatres, by exemplifying the highest level of customer service.
Reporting to Assistant Front of House Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Taking drink and snack orders from guests, present drink menus, make specific recommendations, and answer questions regarding beverages.
• Preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with Theatre Calgary’s standard drink recipes and AGLC regulations.
• Accepting payment, processing debit and credit cards and making change.
• Various other bar duties such as preparing garnish and stocking.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Poses current ProServ certification, or be willing to obtain within 30 days.
• Have a positive and optimistic attitude and work well in a team.
• Work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Able to safely lift and carry up to 20 – 25 pounds.
• Be able to work unsupervised.
• Cash handling experience is an asset.
For a full job description, including submission information,
please download the employment posting
Job posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
Updated May 1, 2014
OUR 2014-15 GENERAL AUDITIONS HAVE PASSED. We thank everyone who submitted.
Artists who are members of the Canadian Actors Equity
Association will be given audition priority. CAEA members: please bring
your membership card to any audition. Non-Equity artists will be seen
when and if spaces are available.
Theatre Calgary is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres, and operates within the jurisdiction of the Canadian Theatre Agreement. Equity members cast in any production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
We are currently not accepting any resumes/headshots for youth actors (ages 7 -15). Please check back in summer 2014 for more information on submitting.
IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SUBMITTING IN THE FUTURE, PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT:
• Important information on time commitment for parents.