Page updated August 14, 2018
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Theatre Calgary is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, connected, resourceful team player who thrives in a fast-paced, hands-on, creative environment to be its new Director of Development.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Executive Director and supported by a dynamic department of five, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping grow Theatre Calgary’s operational revenue. Primary responsibilities of this role include: advancement of fund development strategies, building the company’s contributed and sponsorship revenue base, and the cultivating and stewarding of relationships with key stakeholders, in partnership with the Executive Director. This will include community, foundation, business leaders, our Board of Directors and our general patron base.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a creative environment and has experience with: strategic planning, corporate acquisition and renewal, individual major gifts, legacy giving, fundraising communications, in addition to managing teams, campaigns and special events.
- Developing and implementing an annual fund development and sponsorship plan, with related strategies for Theatre Calgary that involves corporate and individual giving, programming sponsorships, gala fundraisers and foundation grants
- Working with the Chair of the Development Committee (board member) on preparation for quarterly meetings; agenda and materials;
- Working with the Development Committee (board members) on various initiatives that require board member assistance and involvement;
- Researching, planning, implementing and directing the activities of the development department towards the goal of maximizing overall net contributed revenues;
- Enhancing the profile of Theatre Calgary as a premier local and national institution for sponsors and donors through business-to-business sales coordination and research, liaising with existing and potential donors and sponsors;
- Managing and prioritizing communications throughout the organization while also processing information for dissemination to the executive director and Board committees.
- Leading the coordination of work across all internal departments to ensure sponsor requirements are met;
- Together with the Executive Director and Artistic Director, identifying and strengthening current and prospective individual stakeholder relationships towards building a robust major gifts program and bequest program;
- Working across the organization to identify, conceptualize, develop and leverage the Theatre Calgary offerings and assets, embracing new, innovative sponsorship models as well as best practices;
- Overseeing the management of a robust fund-raising database (Tessitura) including establishing policies for recording, maintaining and updating current donor and prospective donor information;
- Setting achievable annual development revenue and budget goals in conjunction with the director of finance and executive director;
- Overseeing the creation and management of stewardship packages and proposals with a thorough knowledge of the theatre’s ability to deliver client benefits;
- Together with the Executive Director, servicing, cultivating and building relationships with current and prospective sponsors; and
- Leading the creation of sponsor agreements on behalf of the Theatre.
For more information, and the full posting, click here.
- The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Interested candidates should email their resumé, by August 24th, 2018 to Victoria Tharakan. Please indicate the job title in your cover letter.