This browser isn't supported, please upgrade your browser to the latest version.
Work with us!
Our talented and dedicated team of people are who have help us get to where we are today.
Want to work with us? Please keep checking back for opportunities to work with Calgary's premier theatre company.
January 5, 2021
Seeking Visionary Members for the Board of Directors of Theatre Calgary
Theatre Calgary is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated community leaders to serve as members on our Board of Directors (Board). Board members will use their knowledge and experience to support the mission and vision of Theatre Calgary.
The Board is comprised of volunteers. Members are expected to:
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the values, mission and vision of Theatre Calgary;
- Work with fellow board members to fulfill the obligations of board membership;
- Act in a way that contributes to the effective operation of the board;
- Regularly attend and participate in board meetings (7 per Annum), participate in at least one standing committee, as well as the annual board planning retreat;
- Help support the theatre financially on an annual basis by purchasing a subscription, becoming either a Dress Circle member or Artistic Champion, and participating in or contributing to fundraising events; and
- Participate in fund development by taking on various tasks tailored to your comfort and skills.
- Skills/experience in the following areas: corporate and community leadership, accounting, philanthropic leadership, marketing, arts background and/or chairing boards.
- From a diverse background (i.e. Indigenous, visible minority, LGBTQ, having a disability, under 40).
- An interest in theatre and a passion for arts and culture as essential elements for city building.
An initial 3-year term commencing September 2020; term may be renewed annually following initial term.
Qualified individuals are invited to contact Craig Senyk, Chair, Theatre Calgary Board of Directors or Kirsty Sklar, Chair, Board Nominating Committee with any questions and to discuss submitting an expression of interest by January 15, 2021.