This browser isn't supported, please upgrade your browser to the latest version.
AUDITION NOTICE - SHAKESPEARE BY THE BOW 2021
Theatre Calgary, in partnership with will be holding virtual auditions for our 2021 Shakespeare by the Bow program. Theatre Calgary is very interested in seeing performers from all backgrounds, ethnicities, and abilities, especially those who have been marginalized and underrepresented in the theatre community.
Shakespeare by the Bow is a program designed to help emerging actors make the transition from their training into the professional theatre. This year the company will be split into small, independent troupes of actors who will perform in various outside locations around Calgary and surrounding area. Each troupe will travel to performance locations in a van and will be responsible for setting up and striking all scenic and technical elements. *If you have physical limitations that may impact this aspect of the job, please discuss as work-arounds are definitely possible.
• Must either live in Alberta, or be from Alberta. No housing or transportation will be provided.
• Cannot be mid-program at a post-secondary institution, whether in theatre or something else.
• Post-secondary education is not required, but participants must be at least 18 years old.
• Cannot have more than six years of experience in the theatre community after completion of educational program (high school or post-secondary). *If you graduated earlier but have not been a fully active member of the theatre community for six years, please indicate this and explain.
• Cannot be a full member of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association (CAEA) or ACTRA.
Submission deadline is SUNDAY, MAY 9, 2021.
For all the details and video submission requirements for our Shakespeare by the Bow auditions, please downlad the full posting below.
More information on our 2021 Shakespeare by the Bow offering with The Shakespeare Company and Hit & Myth will be announced in June.