Make the most out of your visit to Theatre Calgary! Theatre Calgary offers many interactive activities to immerse your class in the world of the play.
- Pre-show chats with artists – Join us in our lobby before the show, and get the inside scoop on the process of creating a show from a member of the production’s creative team.
- Backstage tours – Explore the world of Theatre Calgary, as we take you backstage to show you the secrets behind the plays you see on the Max Bell stage. Tours are available for classes of up to 20 students.
- Talkbacks – Join cast members after every student matinee performance for a discussion about the play and an opportunity to ask them all of your burning questions.
- Skype in Schools – Meet the artists that work in our theatre, as they Skype to your class from the Theatre Calgary rehearsal hall. Your class will have the opportunity to learn and get excited about the show they will be seeing and find out what it is like to be an artist, all in the comforts of your classroom. In-school visits are also available upon request.
- Reading Scripts – If you have any questions or special concerns about the content of the play, you may borrow a reading copy of the script. To request a reading copy, or to receive additional information, please email Jennifer Kinch.
- Play Guides – Help prepare your students for their theatre visit by downloading our play guides, which include background information about the play and discussion topics for after the show. Play guides can be found on the individual show pages, approximately a week before the run of the show begins.
For requests to book an activity, or for more information, please email Chris Stockton.