This browser isn't supported, please upgrade your browser to the latest version.
Experience the Power of Forgiveness
Forgiveness is the acclaimed 2018 Canada Reads–winning novel by Mark Sakamoto. It’s a memoir of Sakamoto’s grandparents and their harrowing experiences during the Second World War. Mark’s maternal grandfather was a Canadian soldier who spent years as a prisoner of war in a Japanese camp. His paternal grandmother was one of the thousands of Japanese–Canadians interned by the Canadian government during the war. In the face of tremendous adversity and transgressions, they chose not to live a life of anger but instead to embrace and teach forgiveness. Be prepared to be moved by this Governor General’s Literary Award-winner Hiro Kanagawa’s heartfelt adaptation.
A joint production with the Arts Club Theatre Company.
Show image background projections designed by Cindy Mochizuki.
- Location Arts Commons, Max Bell Theatre Get directions Max Bell Theatre Seating Map
- Runtime TBA
- Tickets Tickets now on sale
- DIRECTOR STAFFORD ARIMA
- SET DESIGN PAMELA JOHNSON
- COSTUME DESIGN JOANNA YU
- LIGHITNG DESIGN JOHN WEBBER
- SOUND DESIGN JOSHUA D. REID
- ASSISTANT SOUND DESIGN BRONWYN BOWLBY
- PROJECTION DESIGN CINDY MOCHIZUKI
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR HOWARD DAI
- STAGE MANAGER ERIKA MONEY
- CAST JEROD BLAKE, GRIFFIN CORK, DANIEL FONG, JUNE FUKUMURA, MANAMI HARA, FIONN LAIRD, KEVIN TAKAHIDE LEE, JACOB LEONARD, ISACC LI, ALLISON LYNCH, ALANA HAWLEY PURVIS, JOVANNI SY
Help support and provide opportinites to artists who will Reignite our Stage!
As a registered charity, Theatre Calgary relies on the generosity of donors like you to help us bring entertaining, relevant, and diverse stories to life. Your support today can help shape Calgary’s artistic future.Donate now