What are the benefits of becoming a Theatre Calgary subscriber?
Aside from having at least five amazing theatre experiences set firmly in your calendar for the season, your subscription to Theatre Calgary includes many special privileges designed to enhance your theatre experience:
- Savings: Enjoy up to 20% off regular ticket prices. PLEASE NOTE: This is not applicable to Price Level 4.
- Front of the Line: Get your tickets to the annual holiday favourite A Christmas Carol before they go on sale to the general public, all at 20% off!
- Best Seats: The best seats are available to subscribers first.
- Free Exchanges: Theatre Calgary permits ticket exchanges up to two (2) business days prior to date you cannot attend. This service is FREE* for subscribers, and costs $7 per ticket for single ticket buyers.
- Flexibility: Pay for your subscription with 3 easy installments. 1/3 of your total is payable on the date you renew, and the other 2 payments are due July 1 and August 1. Please contact our Audience Services team at (403) 294-7447 to take advantage of this benefit!
- Extra Perks: Enjoy special treats at shows like our Wine Wednesday and Tasty Tuesday performances! (See below for more information.)
- Ticket Donations: If you are unable to attend your show and do not wish to exchange your tickets, then you can donate your tickets back to Theatre Calgary for a charitable tax receipt. Tickets may be donated up to 48 hours prior to the show you cannot attend.
- No Service Fees: Subscribers never pay service fees on their subscription tickets or any additional tickets.
What plays are included in a Five-Play subscription?
For the 2018-19 season, the Five-Play mainstage subscription includes the following productions:
- Honour Beat
- Mary and Max A New Musical
- BOOM X
- The Scarle Letter
- Billy Elliot The Musical
While the 5-play subscription does not include A Christmas Carol, subscribers will receive a 20% discount on ticket purchases. Discounted tickets must be purchased on or before December 15th, 2017.
How do I subscribe?
There are many easy ways to subscribe! Our Audience Services team is happy to work with your scheduling and seating preferences to craft a subscription package that meets your needs and budget.
- By phone: Call 403-294-7447 (Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm MT) We accept payment via Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
Please be aware that we may experience very high call volumes at certain times of the year. Please leave a voicemail and we will get back to you as soon as possible (typically within two (2) business days).
- In person: Visit us on the +15 level of Arts Commons (Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm MT). We accept payment via major credit card, debit card, cheque, or cash.
- Online: The Theatre Calgary website is always open and you can subscribe online at time by clicking the following link: 2018-2019 Subscriptions.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for subscribers to redeem their 20% discount off of single ticket purchases, they will need to visit or phone our Audience Services Office.
How are my performance dates selected?
To ensure that patrons can be guaranteed their same seats, Five-Play subscribers attend our productions on a set schedule and day of the week during the run of each show.
For example, you may book your subscription into the 2nd Saturday Matinee. In which case, you would attend at 2pm on the second Saturday of each production’s run (not of the month), in the same seats for all five performances.
When will I receive my tickets?
We print and mail all of our subscription tickets in the summer months, and you will have them in hand well before the start of the season and your first play.
I can’t attend one of my subscription performances. What are my options?
Subscribers have FREE ticket exchange privileges. Exchanges are handled exclusively by the Theatre Calgary Audience Services Office, which is open Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm MT. You can also call 403-294-7447 (Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm MT).
We require two (2) business days’ notice prior to your scheduled performance for all ticket exchanges, and the earlier you make your exchange, the more seating options we’ll be able to offer you on an alternate date.
Tickets can only be exchanged within the same production.
If you’re unable to attend a particular production at all, you are free to give your tickets to a friend or family member, or you can donate them back to the theatre for re-sale (with two (2) business days’ notice prior to your scheduled performance) and receive a tax receipt for the cost of the tickets. All tickets are non-refundable.
I’d like to bring an extra person to one of my subscription performances. Do I get a discount? How do I book?
Subscribers can get a 20% discount on any extra tickets to subscription shows. To receive this discount, and arrange for extra seats, please call us at 403-294-7447 or visit the Theatre Calgary Audience Services office. 20% discounts for subscribers are not currently available online.
I’d like to cancel my subscription. What is your cancellation policy?
All subscriptions and tickets purchases are final sales and are non-refundable. However, since we are a non-profit charitable organization, you may donate tickets back to Theatre Calgary and request a tax receipt for the cost of the tickets. Canada Revenue Agency regulations require that Theatre Calgary have the opportunity to resell your tickets; therefore, ticket donations must be made at least two (2) business days prior to the scheduled performance. We cannot accept donations of tickets to performances that have already taken place, or unused Flex vouchers.
Theatre Calgary’s season has already begun. Can I still subscribe?
Absolutely! After the season’s first and second productions are over, we offer pro-rated Four and Three-Play subscriptions, respectively. Additionally, Flex Subscriptions may be purchased at any point during the season (but must be redeemed into the season for which they were purchased). Please call 403-294-7447 or visit the Theatre Calgary Audience Services Office to discuss your options.
How else can I support Theatre Calgary?
Theatre Calgary is a non-profit charitable organization that relies on individual and corporate donations to cover a portion of our operating costs. We could not create our ambitious productions without the generous support of our donors, who share a love of theatre and an appreciation of our company’s achievements.
We provide tax receipts for all donations over $25 and offer benefits such as acknowledgement in house programmes and access to the W.O. Mitchell Lounge at higher donation levels. Visit our Support Us section, or speak to an Audience Services Associate at 403-294-7447 for more details.