This browser isn't supported, please upgrade your browser to the latest version.
The world premiere of Rick Miller’s electrifying BOOM YZ brings to life the people and music that have shaped our last quarter-century. In this all-new show, Miller plays more than a hundred characters from Generations Y and Z, including his own daughter, to reflect on the aspirations and anxieties of young people today, and brings his multi-generational BOOM series to a compelling close. There is no better way to return to our theatre than with the visual wonder and spectacle of music, personal stories and multimedia that Miller ignites on stage. We are thrilled to welcome Rick back!
- Writer, Director, Performer RICK MILLER
- Executive Producer JEFF LORD
- Lighting Designer, Technical Director AIDAN WARE
- Video & Projection Co-Designer NICOLAS DOSTIE
- Video & Projection Co-Designer IRINA LITVINENKO
- Video & Projection Co-Designer, Set Designer, Sound Designer RICK MILLER
- Costume & Props Designer VIRGINIE LECLERC
- Stage Manager, Dramaturg CRAIG FRANCIS
- Stage Manager (select performances) LAUREL ONEIL
- Script Consultants MAEV BEATY, RYAN CUNNINGHAM, SÉBASTIEN HEINS
- Graphic Design LOGOGRAPH
- Music Licensing MICHAEL PERLMUTTER (Instinct)
- International Touring Agent MENNO PLUKKER (Assisted by Isaïe Richard and Magdalena Marszalek)
Louis B. Hobson, Calgary Herald (Boomer)
Rick Miller is an extraordinarily talented, charismatic performer.
Mathew (Gen X)
A wonderful show to bring you back to live theatre.
Alex (Gen Y)
Exactly the kind of show we need to be celebrating.
Elliot (Gen Z)
I loved it and I knew all the words to all the songs!
Run, don't walk to see BOOM YZ.
Cast and Creative Team
Help make Theatre Calgary accessible for everyone.
As a registered charity, Theatre Calgary relies on the generosity of donors like you to ensure the sustainability of theatre in Calgary. Your support will attract the next generation of theatregoer, and help us to continue developing a new, diverse audience.Donate now